Here are some cues to mastering gym etiquette:
- Put your weights away when you are done using them. No one likes to clean up after you.
- If someone is about to perform an lift (particularly an Olympic/Power lift), do not stand directly in front of them. That eye contact is awkward and it can be distracting to them.
- Wipe you sweat off of equipment. Again, no one likes to clean up after you...especially bodily fluids.
- Don't leave a pile of chalk on the floor. Unless you want Jake to make you do burpees.
- Don't fart in a closed space where others are (ahem Jake).